Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fish Curry


My mum bought this for me from my hometown and brough it over. I am usually not a big fan of fish curry but I reckon I would try making this anyway since I have this premix in my pantry.

I bought some cod fish cutlets from Yuen's, which was probably a wrong choice for making fish curry. The cooked fish tend to stick to its bones and is quite tough. Having said that, the overall taste was great! Next time, I shall try other types of fish (just do not use cod fish).


The instructions on the back of the packet required you to add your own eggplant, lady's fingers (okra) and tomatoes. I omitted the okra (I do not like them and do not want to go buy them) and added some potatoes and canned beans (along with some eggplant) - things which I already have in my pantry/fridge. The result was fairly great! Quop and our boarder more or less loved it and would go for seconds. Quop literally soaked his rice with the gravy and was happy to have it (and some remaining fish and some veggies) for his Monday's lunch. We had enough to last the 3 of us for another meal (had it for dinner tonight too). I reckon this fish curry had 8 servings! Try it one day for yourself. I think this "A1" mix is sold at Yuen's or your local Asian grocery stores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!