Monday, March 1, 2010

Beef With Plum Sauce


Copied this recipe off somewhere that I cannot remember. It could have been one of Donna Hay's recipe. I have tried this 2-3 times. The original recipe calls for you to cook the entire piece of steak and then slice up the cooked steak. But I am lazy to cut up the hot steak and hence thought I shall slice up the steak before cooking it.

2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 4-5cm thick rump steak, sliced
1 brown onion, diced
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup red wine or sherry
1/2 cup plum sauce

Coat steak with olive oil and pepper. Cook beef slices in fry pan for 3-4 mins until they are brown. Dish them onto a plate and rest.

With another tbsp of oil in pan, add onions, worcestershire sauce and wine. Reduce heat and add plum sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer. Place the cooked beef and cooked veggies (in this case, I used asparagus) back into the fry pan with the sauce. Cook for 5 mins and then serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!