Saturday, August 21, 2010

Butter Chicken

I thought cooking butter chicken from scratch was not an easy feat. I suppose ever since Jimmy became one of the Masterchef contestants, some people's opinion of curries has changed. This recipe is from him. There were no long cooking processes or long cooking times. Quite a number of ingredients and spices go into it. You decide if it is worthwhile making this from scratch but I reckon this is a healthier option to the pre-prepared sauce in the jars.

I have substituted some ingredients. I am not sure if the final result differs greatly from that of the original recipe, but you know what? I am very happy with the result and so were my 'guinea pigs' (my in-law family).
1) Coriander powder instead of coriander.
2) Dried mint instead of fresh mint.
3) Low fat greek yoghurt
4) Light thickened cream
5) Butter instead of clarified butter
6) Chilli powder instead of chillies
7) Accidentally added 1/2 cup more passata

The only thing I will do differently in my next attempt is to dice the onions finely.

Recipe is taken here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!