Friday, December 11, 2009

Kaya on Toast!



If you are a Singaporean like me and you miss the kaya and butter toast from Kopitiam, go buy this Glory nonya kaya. This is imported from Glory in Singapore and looks exactly the same on its label. Each jar cost around A$3+and you can find this at Asian grocery stores (I bought mine from Yuen's Market Square).

There is another Glory brand kaya but it has honey in it and they named it as the hainanese style. Personally (even though I am a hainanese), I prefer the original kaya. Get some frozen bread out of my freezer, toast it. Spread butter while it is still warm and then spread a layer of kaya on top. That is really nice and kinda melts in your mouth. If your Aussie friends ask, you have to tell them that it is coconut jam because they wouldn't know what is "kaya".

Get your kaya now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!