Saturday, February 27, 2010

Easy Salmon & Corn Tart


I did not manage to cut up a nice complete piece...

Taken from one of the recipes in Coles magazine, this recipe is really simple. It is a matter of putting together everything and bake. 35 mins later, wah-lah! You can have your meal! Quop likes this tart :)

Prep time: 15 mins
Cookoing: 35 mins
Serves 4

1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
415g can pink salmon, well drained (I used You Love Coles brand red salmon)
420g can corn kernels, well drained (I have only used half a can. 1 can seems like a lot)
4 spring onions, sliced
2/3 cup grated tasty cheese (I used whatever I have, which is less than that)
1/2 frozen peas (not in original recipe)
5 eggs
1/2 light thickened cream (it was supposed to be milk but I had cream in my fridge)

Lightly oil a 20-cm square non-stick cake tin (I used a glass pie dish without oiling). Lin the tin with puff pastry, pressing it down into corners.

Fill the pastry case with salmon (you might need to break up the salmon up. Do not worry, the bones can be eaten), corn kernels, spring onions, cheese, peas.

Ready for the oven

Whisk the eggs and milk/cream together and pour over the filling. Bake for 35 mins in a preheated oven of 200C or 180C fan forced, until the tart is golden brown and set. Stand for 5 mins before cutting into slices and serve.

You may serve it with salad as a side.

Note: This tart can be cooled, sliced and packed in an airtight container to take to a picnic. Chill in fridge until ready to pack into an esky. Pack salad in a separate container and add dressing just before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!