Saturday, February 27, 2010

Steamed Tofu with Soy Sauce


Got this recipe off Delicious  magazine. This is contributed by a chef in a Chinese restaurant (can't remember which one) in Melbourne.

300g silkened firm tofu
2 tsp peanut oil (I used vegetable oil)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
 1/2 tsp caster sugar
1 spring onoin, finely chopped (I omitted this because I did not have any)
1 coriander sprig, leaves and stalk finely chopped  (I omitted this too)

Fill wok or saucepan 1/3 full of water, then bring to the boil over med-high heat. Place tofu in a dish, deep enough to hold sauce, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place dish on a steamer rack or in a basket and carefully place in work or pan over the water. Cover and steam for 5 mins to heat through. Drain excess water from the bowl.

Heat oil in a small saucepan over med-high heat until smoking. Pour oil over tofu. Add sauces, sugar and 1 tsp water to the same pan (be careful, at this stage, there will be lots of sizzle and smoke) and cook for 1 min or until it comes to the boil. Pour over the tofu and sprinkle with spring onions and coriander (I sprinkled over some fried onions that I have in my pantry) and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!