Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tuna Sandwich & A Lovely Afternoon Tea

Mini tuna sandwiches

I invited 2 girl friends to afternoon tea today. I made 2 sweet and 2 savoury finger foods for us to enjoy - scones, chocolate cake, cheese and tomato muffins and tuna sandwich.

(makes 12 mini round sandwiches)
12 slices of white or wholemeal bread (I love wholemeal bread)
1 x 90g can tuna
1/2 lebanese cucumber, sliced (round shapes)
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
butter

Using a 4cm round cookie cutter, cut out round discs of bread. Lightly spread one side of the round slices with butter.

Drain tuna to remove the brine or oil that it comes with. Place it in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and mix well, using a mashing action to break up the tuna at the same time. If you like, you may add a bit more mayonnaise.

To assemble, place 1 slice of cucumber on 1 slice of round bread (buttered side). Top with a small amount of tuna mayonnaise mixture, just enough to cover the cucumber slice. Top it with another slice of round bread (buttered side down). Display on platter and serve.

Served in a really nice 2-tier stand,which was kindly given to me by a friend
Top platter - chocolate cake and scones. Bottom platter - mini tuna sandwiches and savoury muffins

My friends and I really enjoyed the afternoon tea with such a sumptuous spread. I could do this again with other friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!