Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pear & Cinnamon Cake


This recipe is from Almost Bourdain. This cake is healthy and delicious. It is pretty much the same way as you would make a batter for a cake except you add a layer of sliced tinned apples (or in this case, I used pears) in the centre and on the top of the cake.

I had a tin of sliced pears in my pantry and it came in useful for this attempt. People have commented that this cake is moist and I personally think that it is not too sweet. I like it :) If you want the apples or pears with a slight crunch, I reckon you could use freshly sliced granny smith apples or sliced pears. Cook them (especially the apples) with a bit of water, brown sugar and cinnamon, until they have softened but are not mushy. Use this in place of tinned fruits.

If you don't have flaked or slivered almonds for the topping, just add a mixture of brown sugar and ground cinnamon.

Recipe is available here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!