Sunday, May 16, 2010

Singapore Cooking


This is the latest cookbook in my collection. I got this book from book depository and it cost me less than A$26 with free delivery. (I did a search and saw that it retails for more than S$35 in Singapore)

This book was written for 3 kinds of people:
- Singaporeans who don't cook much but want to get to know their own food heritage better
- intrepid non-Singaporeans who want to broaden their culinary horizons
- everyone else

Singapore Cooking contains many recipes which don't seem to require too much sweat to cook up, IF you read the method and list of ingredients carefully. There is also an index (with photos) of what common ingredients, spices and seasonings are used for cooking Singapore dishes (Now I can tell the difference between turmeric and galangal!). The photos are well taken and they make you drool and feel hungry. I will attempt some recipes from it and I will post them here to share with you. In the meantime, you are able to view the insides of the book and the contents page here. Should you want any recipe (and I have not posted any on this blog yet), drop me an email and I will be happy to share it with you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!