Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Masterchef Tip on Bread Storage

I am back since a week ago but only just managed to start on my routine this week. Most students are away on holidays but I will continue to post recipes to share.

In one of the Masterchef episodes that we were catching up, an artisan (hand made) baker Michael Klausen shared with Marion and Aaron that bread should not be stored in the fridge. The cool air in the fridge would dry out the bread. You may store it in its original packaging in room temperature if you are consuming it within 2 to 3 days. Otherwise, the freezer is the best place to store bread for a longer lifespan. Leave the frozen bread in room temperature for a couple of minutes and heat it in the oven.

I toast my frozen bread slices and have them for brekky (with kaya and butter). How do you like your toast?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!