Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Steamer Insert


This is one of the latest gadget I have in my kitchen. I decided that even though microwaving veggies is very very convenient and quick, it might be healthier to cook the veggies myself. A very healthy method would be steaming.

I have not seen this in Asia (or maybe I am too ignorant then?). I saw how a friend used this to steam veggies and fruits for her child and it was rather handy and useful.

When folded up, this steam insert looked like the above photo. When you want to use it, open it up (see photos below), place your veggies on it and then place the entire insert into your saucepan and steam! There are 3 'legs' at the base of the insert so that it can be standing above the water in the saucepan. This is designed in a way to fit all sizes of saucepan.

Half unfolded

Fully unfolded and ready to use

I bought this from harbourtown, from 1 of the 2 kitchenware stores for A$9.95 (Cuisina). I reckon this price is not too bad, considering the other store was selling it for A$13 and probably more at other retail stores. This is more versatile and space friendly compared with steamer inserts with lids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I Am A Hungry Student!